[Mailman-Developers] Piping Mailman's HTML through PHP

John Price jp_mailman at gcfl.net
Fri Jul 23 19:56:20 CEST 2004

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 10:05:50AM +0200, Fil wrote:
> And what if I send an HTML file to your list with php code included? You get
> a security issue here.

This only applies to the archive viewing scripts, right?
It's an easy thing to disable PHP code when displaying
user-generated text.

Still, you bring up a good point when considering adding
this feature to the program.

> Better way in my view is to write a wrapper script in php, that does the
> graphics and such things, then pushes the web page. You get the wrapper to
> work in lieu of the cgi by configuring Apache to do so (RewriteRule, or
> Alias).

This is an idea.  Frames is another.  But if you want to
have access to the Mailman substitution tags as well as
PHP then these ideas don't work.

--
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than
he loves himself." -- Josh Billings

http://GCFL.net (The Good, Clean Funnies List): Good, clean
funnies five times a week, no ads, for free!