[Mailman-Developers] Re: New command-line tool...

David Champion dgc at uchicago.edu
Sat Jul 17 03:10:50 CEST 2004

* On 2004.07.16, in <p060020c6bd1e29fa8b1b@[10.0.1.3]>,
*	"Brad Knowles" <brad.knowles at skynet.be> wrote:
> At 7:55 PM -0500 2004-07-16, David Champion wrote:
>
> > I don't have a new-enough mailman to judge this, and I don't see a link
> > for the full version of it at SF.
>
> 	You missed the download link at
> <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/download.php?group_id=103&atid=300103&file_id=94197&aid=992621>?

I see a download link for a diff, but I can't tell from that whether it
implements the same functions. Sorry for the confusion.

> 	I haven't heard of your bulk-vette script.  Is it also on
> 	SourceForge?

No, I've mostly been keeping to myself for the past couple of years; it
seems nobody generally has much use anymore for someone still running
1.0. But it sounded like this might be useful to someone.

> 	By using the command-line tool he's now hacked together, he can
> get a lot of his list admin work done without hitting the web
> interface.

We have cases often enough where it would take measurable time to vette
the admindb via the web -- anywhere from a couple of minutes to an hour
or more, in some cases. Bulk-vette takes seconds. So the rationale is
the same, even if the cause is different.

--
 -D.    dgc at uchicago.edu                                  NSIT::ENSS