[Mailman-Developers] Re: skinning mailman pages...

David Champion dgc at uchicago.edu
Wed Jul 7 00:13:02 CEST 2004

* On 2004.07.06, in <68ADD732-CF94-11D8-A503-000D93C23532 at plaidworks.com>,
*	"Chuq Von Rospach" <chuqui at plaidworks.com> wrote:

> someone please tell me I'm not crazy. I remember a set of patches that
> could be added to mailman that allowed defining header/footer for
> mailman without having to hack everything -- and now, I can't find
> them. Can someone point them out to me? Or suggest ways to add a site
> look/feel to mailman without hacking everything?

You might be thinking of the ones I wrote for 2.0 beta. (If so, good
memory!) I don't see them on the Sourgeforge patch manager anymore, so
any description or commentary from then is lost, I guess.

At the time (7 Sept 2000), Barry was too far along toward release to
include them, and so many changes occurred afterward that I have been
too busy to update them.

Original posting:

Since Sourceforge looks to have been purged, I put my patches here:
    http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/sw/mailman/patches/

You're welcome to take and use anything you can. Updating the patch(es)
should be somewhat time-consuming, but probably not too head-scratching.
So much has changed that I don't expect diffs to apply cleanly at
all. On the other hand, the changes I made are conceptually pretty
straightforward, and if you're willing to put time into very boring
menial tasks it should be easy enough to work out using my patch(es)
as a guideline.

mailman-2.0.dgc.admlogin.2
	Adds an admlogin.html template

mailman-2.0.dgc.barprint.1
	Alternating coloring of rows in listinfo table view

mailman-2.0.dgc.config_color.6
	Allows customization of color styles

mailman-2.0.dgc.global_header.1
	Sitewide header/footer templates

mailman-2.0.dgc.listintro.3
	Afraid I don't quite recall

mailman-2.0.dgc.opts_error.1
	More pleasant response to invalid CGI parameters

mailman-2.0.dgc.uchi-custom.1
mailman-2.0.dgc.uchi_mm_cfg.1
	Local style customizations

mailman-2.0.dgc.update_var.1
	Minor fix to bin/update's use of hard-coded archive paths

--
 -D.    dgc at uchicago.edu                                  NSIT::ENSS
        No money,  no book.  No book,  no study.  No study, no pass.