[Mailman-Developers] why treat action: delayed in DSN as an unrecognized bounce?

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Sun Jul 4 22:43:53 CEST 2004

At 4:16 PM -0400 2004-07-04, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

>  I don't think this changes the fact that MM should deal with warnings
>  without barfing them out as "unknown bounces".  They are known.  The
>  code is there to "know" them.  MM just prefers to not deal with them,
>  which I think it should, even if it's to simply ignore them.

	I'm not entirely sure that I disagree with you, but this is
functionality not currently found in Mailman, and this is an open
source project.

	If you want to contribute code to make this change happen, and
post that as a patch in the SourceForge patch system for Mailman, I'm
sure that it would be gladly accepted.  No guarantees that this
functionality would ever be incorporated, but this would be the most
likely way to ensure that this would happen.

	Otherwise, you're at the mercy of the developers on the project.
This project is not a full-time job for anyone (so far as I know),
and people have to squeeze in what work that they can, when they can.
Right now, the primary focus in Mailman is on the upcoming version 3
stuff, and any work on patching/fixing the current version is going
to have to be something pretty major.