[Mailman-Developers] Filtering certain characters from email addresses?

Matt Goebel goebel at emunix.emich.edu
Fri Jan 23 09:42:58 EST 2004

Hello,

 Searched the archives and didn't see any references to this.

 Would it be possible to add some character filtering for email
addresses before they are added to a list?  I've been having more
and more problems with admins using the mass subscribe function
where they are cutting and pasting from word and picking up
null characters, and other odd things.  Mailman will happily
add the addresses but then can't do anything with them later on,
forcing me to use a hex editor to remove the odd characters.

Thanks,
Mattias

--
Matthew Goebel : goebel at emunix.emich.edu : Unix Jockey @ EMU : Hail Eris
Neo-Student, Net Lurker, Donut consumer, and procrastinating Furry Fan.