[Mailman-Developers] A bit of perspective ....

moron moron at industrial.org
Sat Jan 31 14:35:20 EST 2004

On January 31, 2004 11:10 am, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> Mailman <-> LDAP as an interface means that anything that can generate
> an LDAP interface can talk to it. so perhaps the best thing to do is
> come up with an LDAP interface, define how the LDAP data should look,
> and then create a set of MySQL schemas that'll support that. I know
> barry's wanted to avoid requiring too many "things" to be installed to
> use Mailman, but when someone chooses to move to MySQL, I don't think
> it's unfair to assume they have or can install LDAP also.

Isn't LDAP a bit of a security hassle?  I would think it is pretty common to
have Mailman running on a machine along side MySQL, Apache and and MTA of
some sort but wouldn't throwing in LDAP be more like requiring people install
a CVS daemon to use Mailman?  I'm no LDAP guru but from what I have looked at
previously it certainly seemed that way.

Cheers

--
---> (culture) http://industrial.org : (label)  http://deterrent.net
---> (community) http://ampfea.org : (hire me) http://codegrunt.com
---> (send EEEI news to) infosuck at industrial.org
---> Whomever dies with the most URLs wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!