[Mailman-Developers] A bit of perspective ....

Jeff Warnica jeffw at chebucto.ns.ca
Sat Jan 31 13:53:57 EST 2004

I feel bad about jumping in to this discussion, and not necessaraly being
prepared to offer any real help, but anyway.

LDAP may be a better data[base|sink] for configuration data then SQL. It may be
harder to work with (only because less people have experience with it), and it
may be less usefull to a lot of sites (everyone has MySQL installed, not so for
LDAP), but preference storage is a common use for LDAP. For sites who already
have LDAP deployed, you can leverage the existing authentication data. LDAP
stores "objects", SQL "rows"...

Sory if I sound like a marketdroid, but I'd feel bad if LDAP wasent at least
considered.