[Mailman-Developers] AOL's requirements for spam complaints

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Jan 30 15:53:24 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 15:38, Kevin McCann wrote:

> Thanks for you cordial and helpful response.  If I can get up-to-speed
> with Python in order to work on the MySQL side of things, or if you
> think I could contribute with just the MySQL know-how, I'll go.
> Otherwise, I'll be sending someone else. I'd ideally like to send
> someone from one of our partner organizations involved with the Dgroups
> project, but if we can't  find a suitable candidate, then maybe we can
> find someone from this list. And as I've mentioned before, we'll fund
> it. So, if anyone is interested in working with Barry on Mailman/SQL in
> March, let me know.

At this stage, I'd be happy with just MySQL, or more generally, database
expertise.  I'm at the stage in my MM3 experimentation where we need to
solidify the interfaces.  Code comes later, but I'd be really happy if
we could come away from a MM3 sprint with solid APIs to the various data
storages, and a good architecture for handling transactions across
potentially disparate databases, etc.  I have no problem implementing a
back-end for BerkeleyDB and/or ZODB.  I could probably kludge my way
through a MySQL back-end (although I'm not really a huge fan of the
MySQLdb package).

To Kevin and anyone else who wants to participate: please don't wait
until the last minute to sign up for the sprint, or at least signal your
intent.  Space at Pycon will probably be limited, and I will have to
take vacation if I'm going to participate on Monday and Tuesday.  I'm
not going to do that to sit at a table by myself though.  I plan on
being there the Saturday and Sunday before the conference no matter
what.

Pycon sprint page: http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/SprintPlan2004

Mailman sprint page:
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/Mailman3Sprint

Please add your name to the latter if you're coming.