[Mailman-Developers] Adding headers to mailman generated mails

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Jan 20 17:28:15 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 15:30, Somuchfun wrote:
> I have a problem that might affect lots of people who send emails to large
> lists.
> AOL requires an additional header in the emails identifying the recipient
> for the feedback loops to unsubscribe AOL users who complain.
> So how do I add an additional header with a field?

Can you describe this additional header in more detail?  Better yet
would be some documentation on the web describing this header.  I.e. if
it's a standard (or maybe even a proposed standard), perhaps Mailman
should support it out of the box.

It's actually pretty easy to add such a header.  One option is to just
include the header in the original message.  Or you can get Mailman to
add it to every message by modifying the code in the pipeline.  The
place to start would be Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py.  That's where
the RFC 2369 headers are added for example.