[Mailman-Developers] Re: Tweaking Mail->News Gateway

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Sat Jan 3 05:49:47 EST 2004

Dear Michael,

> we at freexp.de are setting up Mailman and INN and are trying to get the
> Mail<->News facility to work.  We are neither familiar with Mailman nor
> with Python, just being poor old Pascal programmers. ;)

I have successfully set up the same combination at TYPO3s mailing list
server (see http://typo3.org/1252.html).

Sorry I can not really answer your questions, but I can tell you how I did
it. My solution is a bit different to your attempt. I munge _all_ message
IDs the same way.

Visit http://www.mstucki.net/files/misc/mailman/ where I have uploaded a
patch for CookHeaders.py.

I don't know if this is still neccessary, but you should also check if you
need to run the filter_nnrpd.pl after each NNTP post (see INN
documentation).

Good luck!
- michael