[Mailman-Developers] Problem with msgfmt.py? Or the language file?

Ron Jarrell jarrell at vt.edu
Thu Jan 1 16:46:21 EST 2004

Sorry if this is an old one; I'm soooo behind on mailman-developers.. I
skimmed through, and didn't see anything that lept out at me.

Trying to build 2.1.4.

/usr/local/bin/python ../build/bin/msgfmt.py -o
ca/LC_MESSAGES/mailman.mo ca/LC_MESSAGES/mailman.po
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "../build/bin/msgfmt.py", line 203, in ?
     main()
   File "../build/bin/msgfmt.py", line 199, in main
     make(filename, outfile)
   File "../build/bin/msgfmt.py", line 151, in make
     l = eval(l)
   File "<string>", line 1
     """""            >Python regular expression</a>.  When entering
backslashes, do so\n"
                                                                                        ^
SyntaxError: invalid token
*** Error code 1 (ignored)

It *was* doing this on nearly every file.  I wiped out the messages
directory, re synced it with cvs, did a distclean and a make, and got
it down to just the one error in the ca set.  It was the same invalid
token for the others too, before.

Running Python 2.2, not 2.2.1...