[Mailman-Developers] german Umlaute in email adresses -> error message

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Feb 25 16:07:44 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 05:38, Franz Lax wrote:

> hello
> as I experince repeated problems with people providing wrong email
> adresses (eg. by using german Umlaute as äöü etc.) I would like to
> suggest to implement a routine checking for the validity of an email
> address entered by the user.

Newer versions of MM2.1 should not allow non-ascii characters in email
addresses to be subscribed to a list.  So this address must have been
added in older versions and survived an upgrade.  I think I posted a
recipe a long while back for finding and removing such bogus addresses.
Check the archives or the FAQ.  Try searching for remove_members.