[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 2.1.4 migration

Simone Piunno pioppo at ferrara.linux.it
Wed Feb 18 17:58:56 EST 2004

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 18:42, Kory Wheatley wrote:

> We have Mailman 2.1.4 currently running on a Linux Red Hat 8 box called
[...]
> My plan was to install a clean version of mailman 2.1.4 on lx5.isu.edu,
> then move the mailing lists from mm.isu.edu over to lx5.isu.edu (the
> directories that I would move over would be /home/mailman/lists and
> /home/mailman/archives) and hopefully nobody would notice that there was
> a change done.

Other things you should take care of

 - you must copy or recreate alias/virtual maps for postfix (see genaliases)

 - while the change to your DNS is propagating though Internet caches,
messages will go partly to mm and partly to lx5.  This means list archives on
lx5 could have some hole and people could experience some temporary glitch
(e.g. confirmations requested on mm but the response received on lx5).  Try
to keep refresh time to a short value during the switch, and/or shut down
postfix on mm so that messages will be kept queued until sent to lx5.

--
http://thisurlenablesemailtogetthroughoverzealousspamfilters.org