[Mailman-Developers] list bug

Ron Jarrell jarrell at vt.edu
Sun Feb 15 15:53:52 EST 2004

At 04:42 PM 2/12/2004, Ron Jarrell wrote:

>I just hit this on one of my lists, when someone tried to subscribe:
>

>Bug in Mailman version 2.1.5a3
>

>We're sorry, we hit a bug!
>
>If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy
>of this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what
>happened. Thanks!
>

>Traceback:
>

>Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
>     main()
>   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/subscribe.py", line 96, in main
>     process_form(mlist, doc, cgidata, language)
>   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/subscribe.py", line 176, in
> process_form
>     mlist.AddMember(userdesc, remote)
>   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 856, in AddMember
>     self.HoldSubscription(email, name, password, digest, lang)
>   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 391, in
> HoldSubscription
>     assert not self.__db.has_key(id)
>AssertionError

Well, I figured out that it was pissed off at an old pending
subscription... The moderator hadn't ever done anything about it..
(which has made me realize that the nightly reminder job is running
quite nicely and silently not doing a blessed thing).  I discarded the
months-old pending subscription, and suddenly that list subscribes just
fine.  I'm guessing the old pending entry was in an old format?

Also, in the current cvs, scripts/driver doesn't import mm_cfg, so
doesn't get the definition of True, which it then proceeds to use.