[Mailman-Developers] Well-formed and valid HTML

Stefan Michalowski illmnec at sympatico.ca
Tue Feb 3 09:50:01 EST 2004

Hi,

I would like to rewrite the mailman HTML templates so that they are
well-formed and valid HTML (preferably XHTML 1.0). I started doing this
but then noticed that some of the HTML is generated inside python code.
Because gettext is used for i18n, I know that if I modify the text
inside python, it will break all the translations that have been done.

I'm guessing that the 3.0 release will need a rewrite of the
translations anyway, but what is the status of this release? Is it worth
working on the 2.1.x templates or will the 2.1.x be obsolete very soon.

I also noticed that there is a 2.2 release in the works. When will this
release be ready? Would it be better to rewrite the templates for that
release?

Regards,

|            Stefan Michalowski, M. Sc.                 |
|  Email:      illmnec at sympatico.ca                     |
|  GPG Key:    http://screamerone.zapto.org/k.asc       |
|         "Provider of Open Paradigm Shifts"            |