[Mailman-Developers] Unknown virtual host

Mark Edwards mark at antsclimbtree.com
Sun Feb 1 15:58:28 EST 2004

This used to work on my machine, but it presumably broke after some
change to Mailman.  If I try to create a new list via the web
interface, I get:

Error: Unknown virtual host: secure.antsclimbtree.com

This is incorrect, secure.antsclimbtree.com most certainly is a known
vitual host, both to apache and to exim.  Obviously whatever method
Mailman is using to check virtual host validity is consulting something
other than apache or exim.

The relevant lines from the create.py source codes are:

     # Make sure the web hostname matches one of our virtual domains
     hostname = Utils.get_domain()
     if mm_cfg.VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW and \
            not mm_cfg.VIRTUAL_HOSTS.has_key(hostname):
         safehostname = Utils.websafe(hostname)
         request_creation(doc, cgidata,
                          _('Unknown virtual host: %(safehostname)s'))
         return
     emailhost = mm_cfg.VIRTUAL_HOSTS.get(hostname,
mm_cfg.DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)

As I don't know python whatsoever, I can't figure out what test is
being used here.  What I do know is that I can access pages on my
server at secure.antsclimbtree.com, and I can send email to
secure.antsclimbtree.com as well, so whatever check is being used
doesn't seem relevant in my case.

Can someone help me sort this out?  Thanks.

--
Mark Edwards