[Mailman-Developers] real virtual domain support - possible implementation?

Dallas Bethune dallas at dreamhost.com
Sat Dec 4 07:29:53 CET 2004

On Dec 3, 2004, at 1:24 AM, Brad Knowles wrote:

> At 11:59 AM +0800 2004-12-03, Msquared wrote:
>
>>  Is there a way to call the Mailman mail wrapper in such a way as to
>> have
>>  it use a different Defaults and/or mm-cfg file on each invocation?
>> How
>>  about the cgi scripts and commandline scripts?
>
> 	Good question.  So far as I know, all the intelligence regarding this
> topic for Mailman is found in FAQ 4.47.  If there's anything else that
> has been missed, please let us know.

 From my experience, it seems as if all of this configuration
information is compiled directly into the wrapper.

For what it's worth, I have managed to get the 'true-virtualhost' patch
mentioned on that FAQ entry working with Mailman 2.1.5.  It didn't
require that many changes.

That patch:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=943827&group_id=103&atid=300103

Unfortunately that patch is not really what I would consider complete.
I have been working on more changes to provide virtual domain support
for the web interface as well as the email interface and have made some
progress, but it's not anything releasable to the public at this point.

If anyone has done any work on this themselves, let me know!  Our users
have started screaming louder about this functionality lately so it's
become more of a priority.

	Dallas (@ dreamhost.com)