[RETRANSMIT] Re: [Mailman-Developers] Debate about Mailman on BytesForAll

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Aug 26 23:02:42 CEST 2004

At 4:57 PM -0400 2004-08-26, Kevin McCann wrote:

>  Barry has redirected some of the discussion over to
>  mailman3-dev at python.org. I'll crosspost for this message, but maybe we
>  should move over to mm3-dev?

	I'm not really a developer, but I'll subscribe to it anyway since
I do feel there might be some architectural issues on which I might
have some useful advice.

>  Your best defense is to not use SQLite for files on a network filesystem."

	Fair enough.  Are we looking for something where use on a network
filesystem is an issue?

	Or do we care more about other issues, such as performance (where
I think BerkeleyDB would probably win), or interface methods/language
(where SQL might be preferred)?

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755