[Mailman-Developers] Debate about Mailman on BytesForAll

Dale Newfield Dale at Newfield.org
Thu Aug 26 22:47:16 CEST 2004

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Brad Knowles wrote:
> Given the sorts of things we're talking about doing, I can't imagine
> that NFS could possibly be a good solution.

I don't contest that conclusion.  I do worry, though, that mailman may
often times get used by people that don't know enough to realize that.
While it's reasonable to expect that deployment to run slowly, I don't
think it's reasonable to expect that deployment to randomly break.

Do we have "DON'T use on AFS/NFS" warnings in prominent enough places to
prevent that type of deployment from happening?

-Dale