[Mailman-Developers] Debate about Mailman on BytesForAll

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Aug 26 22:01:37 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 15:00, Kevin McCann wrote:

> That's great news, Barry.  As you know, we're completely behind you and
> will do whatever we can from our end (people and money) to help a
> SQL-able MM3 become a reality. We'll be in touch.

While we're at it, let me mention in passing that I've been doing a lot
of work lately with SQLite.  I've been thinking that, what with all the
problems associated with BerkeleyDB, it might not make sense to switch
to SQLite as the embedded, default database for MM3.  I think it would
allow us to re-use a lot of the code, since it would be mostly DBAPI 2
compatible.

Thoughts?
-Barry