[Mailman-Developers] Patch for easy spam forwarding.

Chris Cogdon chris at cogdon.org
Thu Aug 12 02:12:49 CEST 2004

Hey folks!

I've been using mailman for some time. One process I do is to forward
all spam that has been held by the list to Spamcop. This involves
hitting 'discard', the 'forward' option, plus pasting a email address
into the following input box. fairly easy, but gets REAL old after a
while.

So, I've modified Mailman to include a new processing option called
'Spam', which will discard the mail, plus forward it to a configurable
mail handler (be it spamcop or anything else). This is independent of
the existing forwarding options, too. If the address is left empty, the
'Spam' option doesn't appear.

I'm very happy to deliver the patch file for this, if folk want it, or
even want to include it in the project.

One thing I've not handled yet is the i18n. The 'po' file format is
easy enough to figure out, but... adding in new strings to a file seems
to require renumbering all the later existing strings, and repeating
that for every single language, which seems awfully awkward. Is there
an 'easy' way to handle making such modifications ?

Thank you for your consideration!

--
    ("`-/")_.-'"``-._        Chris Cogdon <chris at cogdon.org>