[Mailman-Developers] "Reply-to" addresses in archive

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Thu Apr 8 15:35:02 EDT 2004

On Apr 8, 2004, at 9:54 AM, Mike Holderness wrote:

> I've just spotted that in the archives for a list with
> "Reply-to:list" many messages appear as coming from
> the list, some with no record of the sender.
>
> Is this a known bug?

What version of Mailman are you using?  It was an issue I noticed with
2.0 archives, but I don't think I've ever seen it in 2.1.

In one of the 2.0 versions, if I recall correctly, all the users email
addresses were changed to the list address, so any user who didn't
specify their name in their from line wound up appearing as just the
list.  I just left it like that because of the incidental anti-spam
usefulness, but the patch (if I recall correctly) is fairly trivial.  I
just don't think I ever actually made one and submitted it.

In 2.1, the mail-to links are changed to the list, but the actual email
address is there, in munged format.

  Terri