(Fwd) Re: [Mailman-Users] Re: [Mailman-Developers] How to rem

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Sat Apr 3 09:43:51 EST 2004

OOPS, Should have gone to the list and not Brad directly. Sorry Brad.

From:           	Bryan Carbonnell <carbonnb at sympatico.ca>

On 3 Apr 2004 at 11:46, Brad Knowles wrote:

> At 2:24 AM -0500 2004/04/03, Terri Oda wrote:
>
> >  At least making this an option would make quite a few people
> >  happy, I imagine, although a more configurable
> >  strip-these-headers/ keep-these-headers might be better.
>
>  Okay, add a "strip-these-headers/keep-these-headers" option, but by
> default select "keep-these-headers", and pre-fill in the minimum.

Why not just have a list of UserDefined RegEx's of headers to strip?
Kind of like the Spam Filtering Rules in Mailman. That way BArry
won't get "Well why can you strip header x, but not header y?"

If you go with keep these/strip these, I'd vote for keeping
everything and let the admin HAVE to make the change for themselves.

Don't the RFCs say not to mess with the headers if possible? Or
something like that?

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
The man who claims to be the boss in his own home will lie about
other things as well.