[Mailman-Developers] "@" in mail **text** gets replaced inarchives

Kevin McCann kmccann at bellanet.org
Sat Sep 27 09:59:24 EDT 2003

> This is seriously weird.  Back before pipermail was integrated
> into mailman, my understanding is that the then-current version was
> the best available MLM archive tool, heads and shoulders above
> everything else -- especially mhonarc.  Moreover, my understanding
> was that pipermail had only improved significantly beyond where it
> was at the time of initial integration.
>
> Has mhonarc improved so much in the meantime that it has now
> overtaken the current version of pipermail?

Hi Brad,

Try it for yourself. Maybe your needs are different. But if I want an
archiver that will process huge mbox file from other systems - without
crapping out, will decode encoded binary attachments, have flexible,
customizable output, etc., I can't think of anything else I would rather
use. If MHonarc is so bad, why do so many people go the extra lengths
currently required in order to use it instead of pipermail?

As I say, it works for me. And very well. Maybe worth a second look? If you
try it again let me know what you find.

- Kevin