[Mailman-Developers] OutgoingRunner qrunning 100% CPU

PieterB PieterB at gewis.nl
Mon Sep 22 19:21:42 EDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 06:18:31PM -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 09:27, PieterB wrote:
>
> > One of my qrunners (--runner=OutgoingRunner:0:1 -s) is eating 100%
> > cpu continuously. I can't find what is causing it to do that.
> I wonder if this could be the Postfix-returning-450-instead-of-550 known
> bug in Mailman 2.1.2.  If you have local addresses on your list that are
> non-existent, MM2.1.2 will spin heavily retrying delivery.  There's a
> FAQ entry describing changes you can make to your main.cf file to
> prevent this.  MM2.1.3 will also fix this problem.  I expect 2.1.3 to be
> released next weekend -- we need to clear up some i18n issues before I
> can make the release.
I had some 450's in my maillog, but they were all because another
local alias didn't exist. Creating the alias didn't change the 100%
CPU time eating of the qrunner. I also changed my Postfix to
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?query=450&querytype=simple&casefold=yes&req=search
(but no avail).

I think maybe my qfiles/ dir or data/pending.pck is corrupt (or
something completly different), but I can't find anything strange
with "check_db" or "dump_db". I'll give mailman 2.1.3 a try when
it's available.

Is there a way a way to get some more debug info on what the
OutgoingRunner is doing?

Pieter

--
"Close" only counts in horseshoes, handgrenades and
thermonuclear devices.