[Mailman-Developers] Attachments

Marc MERLIN marc_news at merlins.org
Mon Sep 15 01:38:31 EDT 2003

On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 12:02:26AM -0700, Mike Burton wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a patch to strip an attachment from list
> mail, save it to disk (in the web directory), and insert a URL to the file
> in it's place with Mailman 2.x?  If not, some clues on where this might
> fit in would be appreciated (I would be willing to look at coding it).

The feature isn't there, but you can code it with minimal work IMO because
pipermail already has code that does just that.
The idea would be to call the pipermail code to modify the body of the
message before it's sent back out (of course, that would only work if the
list is archived, and it would be a pain in the butt for lists that require
you to log in before viewing archives)

Marc