[Mailman-Developers] Problem with MM after power outage

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sat Sep 13 01:03:16 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 18:50, Harald Meland wrote:

> However, I'm not sure I understand why this shouldn't be configurable
> in mm_cfg; is that just to keep the number of configurable variables
> down?

That, and because I kind of see visibility in mm_cfg.py as a blessing of
sorts for the configuration option.  See my previous message.

Anyway, I'd encourage people to set SYNC_AFTER_WRITE=True once 2.1.3
comes out (or when you update to CVS <wink>) and observe what actually
happens.  Does it solve the problem?  How bad is the performance hit?

Don't forget that if you experiment and post results, let us know
essentials such as Python version, OS version, filesystem type, disk
subsystem, etc.