[Mailman-Developers] Problem with MM after power outage

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Sep 12 09:39:58 EDT 2003

Catching up...

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 18:45, Simone Piunno wrote:

> MTAs usually provide a configuration setting to enable cache flush for each
> transaction (by use of fsync()), but this is disabled by default because of
> the severe impact in performance.

Indeed.  I could add an optional flag to enable fsync'ing in the
_ext_write() calls in Switchboard.py, but I wouldn't want to enable it
by default.  It really kills performance.

For 2.1.3, I'll add a flag to Switchboard.py but disable it by default;
I'm not going to expose the flag in mm_cfg.py, but it'll be possible for
the adventurous to experiment.