[Mailman-Developers] script

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Sep 5 17:16:25 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 11:46, John A. Martin wrote:

> I hope this is something where the choice of what to discard rests
> with the individual list owner/moderator.

The script is just a hack, and must be run by the site admin on the
command line.  It's just a way to mass discard a ton of crap.  It works
on file names so it's easy to focus it on a single list.

> Elsewhere recently there has been mention of Baysen spam filters or
> the like for Mailman.  Again, to be generally useful, it would, IMHO,
> be necessary to allow these features to be tailored to the needs of
> individual lists and to continue to plaice all responsibility firmly
> with the individual list owner where that is the policy of the Mailman
> operator.

That's how my Spambayes patch to Mailman works.  It hooks into the
normal approval process.  It'll likely need updating to the latest
versions of Spambayes (which recently underwent an interface upheaval).
I'd probably be inclined to put this on the feature list for Mailman
2.2.