[Mailman-Developers] script

Nadim Shaikli shaikli at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 4 23:48:16 EDT 2003

--- Phil Barnett <philb at philb.us> wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 August 2003 11:35 pm, Phil Barnett wrote:
> > Has anyone created a script they'd like to share that kills off the sobig
> > stuff sitting on hold?
>
> In the grand tradition of replying to myself...
>
> Here is the script I cobbled up.
>
> It deletes the worst of the muck. I let cron run it hourly. Watch the wrap.
> All lines should start with /bin/grep.
>
> *******************
>
> 45 * * * * /home/mailman/data/cleanup.sh
>
> ******************
>
> #! /bin/bash
>
> cd /home/mailman/data
>
> /bin/grep -H -m 1 -l -i 'nigeria' *.txt | /usr/bin/xargs rm >/dev/null 2>&1

How do you go about getting .txt files in your /home/mailman/data dir ?
All I see are binary pck files (which one could run dumpdb on, but
was curious to know).  I'm running mailman-2.1.2.  BTW, does deleting
those .pck files have any baring on anything else (is it dangerous) ?
Meaning, are there any adverse affects in doing that (is there a db
that cares or anything) ?

BTW: for those mailman users looking to incorporate spamassassin, do look
     into this site - it would be wonderful if mailman proper included these
     hooks natively in its future releases (or at a min include the info
     on the URL below on list.org or the FAQ).

  http://www.daa.com.au/~james/articles/mailman-spamassassin/

     One thing this setup is lacking is "learning" - ie. the ability for
     spamassassin to play nicer with mailman (ie. to know what things you
     discarded to build-up a more profound history affecting future action).

Regards,

 - Nadim