[Mailman-Developers] serious web authentication problem

Pablo Chamorro C. pchamorro at ingeomin.gov.co
Sat Oct 25 01:22:37 EDT 2003

I just created a new list and I suscribed some users, but when a user
changes his password Mailman shows this message:

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.3

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy of
this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what
happened. Thanks!

Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
    main()
File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/private.py", line 120, in main
  password, username):
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/SecurityManager.py", line 219, in WebAuthenticate
    print self.MakeCookie(ac, user)
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/SecurityManager.py", line 228, in MakeCookie
    raise ValueError
ValueError

I could reproduce this error in other server and with others lists, users
and with any browser including lynx. I was trying under RH 9.0. Please
help me or give me some idea...

I've has been setting up and tunning Mailman (mhonarc, namazu, translating
templates and messages) but this bug makes me very sad.

Pablo Chamorro C.