[Mailman-Developers] Requirements for a new archiver

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Oct 30 00:32:40 EST 2003

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 23:41:37 -0500
Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 23:17, J C Lawrence wrote:

> Sounds great.  Bring a laptop and we'll bang out some code (anyone
> else up for a mini-Mailman-3 sprint at my house? :).  I'll probably be
> heading to Fedex Field on the 9th for a 'Skins game, so the 8th would
> be perfect.

Hopefully I know by this Sunday.  Will see.

>> Eeeek!  I trust this would be for immediate handoff to a "real" MTA
>> versus handling final delivery directly?  Quite the Pandora's box if
>> not.

> Yep...

In what way would this be different from the current SMTP delivery
supports?

>> BTW Whatever happened to Michel Pelletier's interfaces PEP?  I see
>> the draft, and I see signs that something got done, but not what...

> Dead in the water AFAIK.

Ahh.

>> Last I heard Nigel was still running screaming into the hills.

> Hey, I love Exim -- Greg's done some very cool stuff with it on
> mail.{python,zope}.org.  But man, I find it hard to track down just
> the right knob I need to tweak. :)

Hehn.  I like Exim a lot, and compared to the competition the
documentation is superb.

I got a note after my "Mailman doesn't have enough config options" that
he'd, err, had a somewhat explosive reaction.

--
J C Lawrence