[Mailman-Developers] Requirements for a new archiver

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Wed Oct 29 23:55:34 EST 2003

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 20:37:49 -0800
Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui at plaidworks.com> wrote:
> On Oct 29, 2003, at 8:27 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> and don't forget, a single monolithic storage file gets backed up
> fully every time you change it. The guy in charge of buying tapes to
> back up your system just screamed in agony, since there's no
> possibility of an incremental backup for what is 99.9999999% static
> data.

Ha!  So just why do you think I moved off FileStorage for Data.fs?

That said there's some value in getting a versioning data store with
rollback support for list configs.  The data volume isn't huge, but it
is highly sensitive.  I'd also like to see flat text logging of all
configuration changes in addition to moderation activity.  It would save
the help and support desks a lot of hurt.

--
J C Lawrence