[Mailman-Developers] Requirements for a new archiver

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Wed Oct 29 23:36:08 EST 2003

On Oct 29, 2003, at 8:26 PM, Brad Knowles wrote:

> 	There may be some mailing-list specific issues that we can (and
> should) handle better inside mailman before we hand these things off
> to the other servers, but both Apache and postfix/sendmail/exim have
> enough experience and world-wide testing behind them to make it little
> else than folly resulting from hubris to try and replace them.

+1

I've experimented with direct-out-the-pipe delivery systems. Trust me,
you don't want to go there. It's not trivial. Well, it's trivial for
90% of the world that follows the RFCs and behaves as expected and has
the right DNS setups and isn't trying to outsmart spammers by being
stupid. and you'll spend the other 90% of your time trying to build
compatibility in with the other 10%.