[Mailman-Developers] Requirements for a new archiver

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Mon Oct 27 18:33:15 EST 2003

and I'm working on an update of that based on some new ideas I have.
stay tuned. (but don't hold your breath, not these days...)

FWIW, I vote for storing it in a database. By using MyISAM files and
splitting on listname/time, you can build lots of smaller files and use
merge tables to dynamically throw them together as needed, without
building really bloody huge tables. a nice compromise, but you get all
sorts of fun stuff that way, easy dynamic indexing, some usable search
engine stuff, etc....