[Mailman-Developers] Re: Requirements for a new archiver

Mauro Cicognini mcicogni at siosistemi.it
Mon Oct 27 13:00:49 EST 2003

Iain wrote:

>   5. provide an interface that threads discussions by e-mail replies.

We might already have some Python code that does this (albeit in a
format quite different from Unix mailbox), based on message-IDs.
Do you think you may be interested in it?

>   8. be MIME aware.

I would strongly suggest that not being MIME-aware would strictly
confine your work to proof-of-concept status. I.e., it would scarcely be
useful in today's world. Even a simple HTML message would break it...
and we know there's pleny of those.

BR,
Mauro