[Mailman-Developers] Multiple dicts containing subscribers within MailList pickle?

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Oct 9 14:49:38 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 14:24, Andrew A. Raines wrote:

> There's probably good reason for this design, but why have
> multiple dicts within the MailList infrastructure duplicating
> the subscriber list?

It's completely historical and indicates the accretive  nature of the
user database.  E.g. we didn't grow a usernames dict until 2.1.somebeta.

It's generally not too wasteful though, given that most of the dicts
don't have keys if the member either has no value or a default value.

Having said that, eventually the member stuff will be ripped out of the
list's data structures, but that's a Mailman 3.0 thing.

-Barry