AW: [Mailman-Developers] Secure Mailing Lists

Simone Piunno pioppo at ferrara.linux.it
Fri Nov 28 15:06:43 EST 2003

On Friday 28 November 2003 13:02, Dietmar Maurer wrote:

> Another problem I see is that PGP/MIME format. If I implement such
> secure lists I need to decode mails in that format.

You probably need also to *send* mails in that format!
That's the format recommended by RFC2440, so at least you should make it a
per-user option.

> Is that staright
> forward or a complex task?

it's easier to decode PGP/MIME than to scan the body for lines that appear to
be PGP headers.  You just have to check the MIME-type:

inside this you'll have an application/pgp-encrypted part

> Are there tools/libraries available?

Mailman's Scrubber.py is enough ;)

--
Adde parvum parvo magnus acervus erit -- Ovidio