[Mailman-Developers] Secure Mailing Lists

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Nov 27 12:09:17 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 16:49:58 +0100
Dietmar Maurer <dietmar at maurer-it.com> wrote:

> Hi all, we are looking for a solution to implement secure mailing
> lists. We need the following behaviour:

Architecturally it can be accomplished at either the MLM or MTA level
without enourmous difficulty.  The problems arise when you start
confronting the PKI issues, the human usability issues, and the
server-side performance issues.  There are no "right" answers to any of
them.

This is explored and surprisingly non-trivial territory.

  http://www.raphinou.com/smailman/smailman.html
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/mmreencrypt/
  http://www.synacklabs.net/projects/crypt-ml/
  http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/rgooch/PGPsendmail.html