[Mailman-Developers] GUI hacking for SA integration

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Nov 27 11:42:54 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 10:46:27 -0500
Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 03:47, PieterB wrote:

> For the next version of Mailman, I'd prefer to see something more
> generic if possible.

+1

> That way a site could add SA, SB[1], or some other system.  It may be
> too hard to do this since there are no standards here, but even then,
> I'd like to see something pluggable rather than tightly integrated.

First thought:

  Discard message on <regex>
  Hold message on <regex>
  Accept message on <regex>

Where the regex fields are in fact lists of regexes.  Given such support
it is fairly simple to define regexes which match SpamAssassin headers
of value X and above/below for the relevant entries, or SpamBayes or
whatever.

--
J C Lawrence