[Mailman-Developers] bugtraq submission warning: email address harvesting exploit

Bernhard Kuemel darsie at gmx.at
Tue Nov 25 14:13:49 EST 2003

Doug Selph wrote:

> On Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003, at 11:46 US/Central, Bernhard Kuemel wrote:
>
>> If you think the problem is worth fixing please estimate how long it
>> will take and I will wait a reasonable time for a fix before I post
>> the problem and the exploit code to bugtraq. Otherwise I will post to
>> bugtraq in about 1 week.
>>
>> Here is the exploit code:
>
> It seems, Bernard, that you may as well have posted it to bugtraq
> immediately, since your posting of the code to this list will likely
> make the exploit code accessible via a google search for "mailman
> exploit" within a matter of hours...

Well, it's a different thing being told about something or having
to look for it without even knowing that it exists. But if you
are worried, feel free to remove the exploit from the archive. I
guess you know how to do that.

Bernhard

--
Webspace; Low end Serverhousing ab 15 e, etc.: http://www.bksys.at