[Mailman-Developers] GUI hacking for SA integration

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Nov 27 10:46:27 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 03:47, PieterB wrote:

> It would be great if the MM 2.1.4 distribution will contain the
> files needed for spamassassin integration.

We can't really add this to 2.1 because it would be a new feature.

> I'm willing to help you with the SA-integration. I didn't hear
> Barry's opinion on integrating SpamAssassin and mailman.

For the next version of Mailman, I'd prefer to see something more
generic if possible.  That way a site could add SA, SB[1], or some other
system.  It may be too hard to do this since there are no standards
here, but even then, I'd like to see something pluggable rather than
tightly integrated.

-Barry

[1] I have a Spambayes patch on SF and I think Simone was working on
that.  I've been using the latest SB with my Evolution client and have
been very impressed, although it does take a little bit of training.