[Mailman-Developers] GUI hacking for SA integration

Jeff Warnica jeffw at chebucto.ns.ca
Wed Nov 26 15:33:45 EST 2003

I have a couple of questions.

First: If I was to submit a (compleate) set of patches that allow at
least some per list configuration for SpamAssassin integration, would
they be accepted?

As a first attempt I would be just concerned with setting the score, and
actions to take. Likely it would be hard coded at 3 possible actions
discard, hold for moderation, or pass through, as I cant think that
anyone would want to bounce spam.

And on doing the actual work: What version should I be working with? CVS
or the 2.1 branch? What would be the closest thing that I could clone as
a starting point? Topics seems like a possible thing to examin. Also, Im
not a Python hacker, though Ive used a lot of different languages. Are
there any paticular gotcha's of either Python or Mailman that I should
be aware of?

Thanks.