[Mailman-Developers] Subscription Audits?

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Nov 20 17:07:44 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 15:27, Mickey Chandler wrote:

> Would it be possible to extend this to a full blown subscription audit
> trail which would also keep track of how the subscriber subscribed and
> unsubscribed, what method they used to confirm (email or web), and what IPs
> those requests came from?

Some of that information is already there.  For example, the
logs/subscribe file contains a timestamp for each subscription and
unsubscription.  The latter contains some text about how the unsub
occurred (e.g. "admin mass unsub").  The difficulty in adding more
information to the subscription logs is in plumbing the information
through to the ApprovedAddMember() call, but I'll see if its doable.