[Mailman-Developers] New SpamAssassin handler on sf.

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Mon Nov 17 17:52:44 EST 2003

On Monday, November 17, 2003, at 07:49  pm, Jon Parise wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 01:09:30PM -0400, Jeff Warnica wrote:
>
>> I am definitly prepared to burn the field, plow salt into it, and
>> claim
>> that my creation never existed if this SA module, which from its
>> description sounds like it does what I want, becomes a standard
>> module..
>> But there definitly should be one of them included as standard.
>
> I agree with Jeff.  I don't plan on maintaining my SpamAssassin patch
> passed its current incarnation.  I welcome a standard implementation.

Might I ask why enthusiasts for integration SpamAssassin with Mailman
do not care about delivery of spam to other mail aliases in their
domain. And if they do so care, why do they not concentrate on stopping
spam reaching all of their mail aliases.

I guess I cannot understand why you are messing around integrating
SpammAssassin with Mailman when you should be integrating it with your
MTA so that the spam never gets anywhere near Mailman.

Or did I miss something important along the way.