[Mailman-Developers] RE: [Mailman-Users] Mailman & CPanel?

Martin at Cleaver.org Martin at Cleaver.org
Thu Nov 13 23:55:32 EST 2003

Hi Barry

Ok, many thanks. Please see below for the full message. You'll note that I'd
lost all the text from the message.

I'll send you the password for the list in a separate message. Feel free to
look or change the settings, and to create a new list for testing. All my
lists have this problem so I am sure it is nothing that I have done wrong.

I'm using Outlook XP 2002 SP-2, but my users (including Sean who sent that
last message) may be using something different.

Thanks and regards,
   Martin.

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 13:23, Martin at Cleaver.org wrote:

> Nick / Barry

> Can you please at least acknowledge whether this is a known problem?

> Many Thanks,

> Martin.

> =My main complaint is that the archives don't work with HTML postings

> =rendering the mailing list practically useless. =

> =Here's a typical mailing:  <http://cp1.myhostdns.org/pipermail/social>
http://cp1.myhostdns.org/pipermail/social-announce-ft2004_mbssrc.com/2003-No
vember/date.html

> =

> =Here's my postings to the cpanel site:

> = *  <http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15928>
http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15928

> =

> =And I am not alone:

> = *  <http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13383>
http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13383

I'm sorry I can't get into the cpanel forums.

But I did look at that Pipermail message (you need to follow the link to the
one page that's in that date index). If I follow the link to the GIF image,
it shows up just fine.

Please note that the rendering of messages such as multipart/alternative are
depending on list settings that I can't see, such as which content types to
pass or scrub. I also haven't seen the original message so I don't know how
what was posted matches against the filter_mime_types and pass_mime_types
settings in the Content Filter section. There are also some site-wide
settings which describe how to archive things like HTML messages, although I
don't think that's what's happening here (it looks more like some unintended
content-types are getting scrubbed out).

I can't see any bugs, but your list may not be configured the way you want
it for the types of messages being posted to it.

Martin at Cleaver.org - +1 416 832 7759
Melbourne Business School FT 2004 MBA Exchange Participant to Rotman