[Mailman-Developers] Mysql MemberAdaptor, v1.27

Kyrian (List) kyrian-list at ore.org
Fri Nov 7 12:39:39 EST 2003

> Hi Kev,
> 	I had a look at the patch and have some questions here:  why you
> 	establish a connection to MySQL and then close it in each
> 	function?  AFAIK this will put much presure on MySQL if there
> 	are some people to subscribe/unscribe from the list.   Why not
> 	just establish a ststic link to MySQL and then use it every time
> 	you need to access the DB?
>
> Cain

sending to a 60,000 or so member list, I've implemented a connection
sharing system in v1.27.

I've removed all the explicit connect/cursor calls, and now they're
implemented by a connect on __init() and subsequently by a single
function; prodServerConnection() which does a ping() against the
server(which the MySQL docs say should do an automatic reconnect if
possible), checks for errors, if the ping() fails, tries a full
disconnect and reconnect, trapping any errors that occur.

If that fails, it drops out.

This hasn't been thoroughly tested yet, but it should work I think.

I still need a little help with the bounce_info and delivery_status
flags, though, as they don't seem to be working, in spite of what
Mailman is logging(*), the database isn't being updated.

K.

*) Lots of these, but the database isn't being updated properly...

Nov 07 17:25:14 2003 (6195) XYZ at MYDOMAIN.co.uk: test current bounce
score: 1.0

--
Kev Green, aka Kyrian.       "Be excellent to each other" -- Bill & Ted.
   Email: kyrian@ore.org              Web: http://kyrian.ore.org/