[Mailman-Developers] Re: Requirements for a new archiver

Rafael Cordones Marcos rcm at sasaska.net
Thu Nov 6 15:26:13 EST 2003

El Martes, 28 de Octubre de 2003 22:20, Kevin McCann escribió:
> > That's pretty much the ideological basis for what I have done. We have
> > message-delivery protocols, and tools that know about messages; why keep
> > trying to reinvent them over HTTP?
>
> There is a huge demand for web applications that use mailing list data.
> Mailing list archives in easily accessibly databases will lead to killer
> community-building apps that *build* on the mailing list archives but
> offer other resources.
>
> NNTP access is fine, go ahead. And IMAP all you want. But I really hope
> that the Mailman development community does not dismiss the *very strong
> desire* for flexible web scripting access to the goods. As far as I'm

Pardon my ignorance, what do you mean by "flexible web scripting access"?
Could you elaborate further? I am currently involved in a project which
consists on adding cross-lingual capabilities to a mailing list manager[1]
which to a great extend has to do with the *content* of the e-mails posted to
the list.

[1] CroMaLiM: A Crosslingual Mailing List Manager:
     http://www.sasaska.net/cromalim/index.html

Thanks a lot for your time!

/Rafa