[Mailman-Developers] Mysql MemberAdaptor?

Kyrian (List) kyrian-list at ore.org
Tue Nov 4 10:27:45 EST 2003

Hi All,

I'm presuming this is the appropriate list to post this to...

If anyone cares, I've written a Mysql MemberAdaptor based on the
OldStyleMemberships.py module, which seems to work ok. I've not done
much large scale testing as yet, though.

I've put it up at http://kyrian.ore.org/MailmanMysql/

Although I could use some pointers on the following:

- How to incorporate exception handling in python to trap DB errors, and
stop Mailman choking on them.

- How to incorporate some better configuration (you currently would
have to edit the module file directly to specify the database
parameters)

- How to properly incorporate it into mailman (if nobody minds that ;),
as it currently seems to require modifying MemberAdaptor.py directly
to activate it.

- Whether I've actually done it even half way right?

Either way, if anyone has anything to say about it, please go easy, I
kinda needed this thing, and delved into Python for the first time to do
so.

Oh, and I know the MySQL data structure I'm using is pretty atrocious,
as it was a best-guess, though I can always clean it up later...

I do hope I've not just spent several days reinventing the wheel here,
though... ;*)

Yours,

Kev.

--
Kev Green, aka Kyrian.       "Be excellent to each other" -- Bill & Ted.
   Email: kyrian@ore.org              Web: http://kyrian.ore.org/