[Mailman-Developers] Mailman problem: Unable to unsubscribe {via web}

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Thu May 22 13:25:10 EDT 2003

    JeffG> Martin ...  I went in as the administrator and even
    JeffG> tried to manually unsub him and he was still on the
    JeffG> list.  Any ideas as to what might be going on here?

    JeffG> ---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Wed, 21
    JeffG> May 2003 12:54:03 -0700 (PDT) From: Lance Parsons
    JeffG> <lparsons at yahoo.com> To:
    JeffG> bioconductor-owner at stat.math.ethz.ch Subject: Unable
    JeffG> to unsubscribe

    JeffG> I have un-subscribed three times from the
    JeffG> Bioconductor list, but I still receive email
    JeffG> messages.  Each time I have gotten this confirmation,
    JeffG> but I still seem to be on the list.  Can you help?

    JeffG> Note: forwarded message attached.

    JeffG> ===== Lance Parsons ------ lparsons at yahoo.com

And I looked into the mailman log file {.../data/logs/subscribe}
and it also showed several unsubscriptions of Lance and the one
by you..

>> May 13 05:39:11 2003 (26065) bioconductor: deleted lparsons at yahoo.com; web confirmation
>> May 16 05:56:25 2003 (9423) bioconductor: deleted lparsons at yahoo.com; web confirmation
>> May 21 00:35:46 2003 (13519) bioconductor: deleted lparsons at yahoo.com; web confirmation
>> May 21 22:22:08 2003 (9983) bioconductor: deleted lparsons at yahoo.com
>> May 22 09:39:16 2003 (8466) bioconductor: deleted lparsons at yahoo.com

I have now done the same (logged in as administrator)
and when I unsubscribed him it worked {{the last line in the
above excerpt}}.

This seems like a  bug/problem with the  web -> mailman
interface (which are on different servers).
I don't understand
---> hence forwarding to people who might help.

Regards,

Martin Maechler <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch>	http://stat.ethz.ch/~maechler/
Seminar fuer Statistik, ETH-Zentrum  LEO C16	Leonhardstr. 27
ETH (Federal Inst. Technology)	8092 Zurich	SWITZERLAND
phone: x-41-1-632-3408		fax: ...-1228			<><